[인터뷰 번역] Apple Music: Post Malone

Updated at 2022-03-22 16:13:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMJsJMv_-q4

제인 로우새로운 앨범부터 시작해서 와인 사업그리고 포스트 말론과 관련된 모든 이야기를  애플 뮤직 인터뷰를 통해 해볼까 해요여기가 너무 아름다워서  인터뷰가 아니더라도 언젠간 와봤을  같은데저희가 지금  프랑스의 프로방스에 와있는지 설명해 주시겠어요?

We’re gonna talk all things new album, maybe we'll talk about rose wine, and everything that relates to Post Malone at this point in his life in a very rare interview right now on Apple Music. We would have come here anyway just because it’s a beautiful place in the world but why are we here to see you like why are we here in the South of France and Provence hanging out with you here and just not anywhere else?

포스트 말론: 지금 여기서 로제 와인을 만들고 있고 곧 나올 예정이에요.

We are here we're working on our rose, so we're coming out with a wine.

제인 로우축하드려요이게 메종 No. 9 맞나요 이름은 어떻게 지으셨어요

Congrats. This is Maison No. 9? Where does the name come from? 

포스트 말론: 얼마 전에 무서운 공포 영화 비슷한 걸 보고 있었는데, 거기서 타로카드 얘기를 하더라고요. 그중에서도 소드 9번 카드 얘기를 했는데, 나중에 찾아보니까 절망의 카드였어요, 불안을 뜻하는 카드. 그래서 길고 두려운 하루의 끝에, 하루 종일 일하고 집으로 돌아와서 편안히 마실 수 있는 와인을 만들고 싶었죠.

I mean I was watching something ghosty a while ago like some spooky show and they were talking about tarot cards and then I heard them mention nine of swords. And I did a little research and they said it was for anxiety, that’s a tarot card for anxiety. And I wanted to make something that you know after a long anxious day and you're just working your ass off and nothing seems to be going right you can just sit at home and have a couple of glasses.

제인 로우다섯여섯  마시다 보면 불안이  심해질 수도 있는 걸요.

You have like five or six more glasses and then the anxiety goes through the roof.

포스트 말론: 뭐든지 절제가 필요한 법이죠.

You know everything in moderation.

제인 로우소드 9 카드와 관련된 다른 일도 하고 계시지 않나요?

Aren’t you doing something else with nine of swords? 

포스트 말론: 네, 옷 브랜드도 만들고 있어요. 결국엔 자기가 좋아하는 일, 하고 싶은 일을 해야 하는 것 같아요. 누가 마음에 안 든다 해도 변화 없이 계속 해나갈 수 있는 일.

Yea, we’re making a clothing brand right now. Essentially at the end of the day it's just doing what you like to do, doing what you want to do and you know, if somebody doesn't like it I mean you're not gonna change their mind.

제인 로우지금 당신의 상태를  설명해 주는  같아요다른 사람들의 의견은 중요하지 않다는  언제 깨달으셨어요?

That’s a good place to jump into that because I just feel feel like that’s where you're at now and I wonder when you realized that it didn't matter what other people thought.

포스트 말론: 제가 24살인데 지금까지 평생을 걱정하면서 살았어요. 그냥 있는 그대로 표현하면서 자신만의 인생을 살다가 다른 사람이 그게 좋고 함께 하고 싶다 하면 가족을 만들고 그렇게 살아가야 하는 것 같아요. 음악을 하든, 옷을 만들든, 예술을 하든 상관없이.

Yeah, man. I mean I spent all my life, I'm 24. For what it's worth all my life and you know in school and worrying. Be yourself, express yourself, live your life, and yeah if people want to join in with you and you can make a family out of whatever. You’re doing music, clothes, art whatever.

제인 로우:그래도 아티스트로서 첫걸음을 내디디셨을 때는 포기해야 하는 것들도 분명 있었을  같아요여러 시도를 해보셨고 그만둔 일들도   있는  같은데맞나요?

But when you first started out as an artist there was a compromise that comes along with it. When you tried, and then withdrew from some of those things. Is that fair to say? 

포스트 말론: 네, 맞는 것 같아요. 완전히 새로운 세상에 너무 서둘러서 들어오다 보니 적응할 시간도 필요했고, 어른이 되면서 제가 누군지 찾는 과정도 분명 있었죠.

Yea, it is definitely fair to say. It’s like you know coming into something completely new at such a rapid pace, the way that it happened and getting used to everything and becoming who you are and becoming like a grown-up and actually thinking about in the way that is the right way to think about and and you know, just figuring it out.

제인 로우어느 순간부터 공식적인 자리에서 말을 아끼시고 개인적인 얘기를 많이  해주셨는데 저는 그게 이해가 되는  같아요그래도 직접 설명을 해주신다면언제부터  이런 인터뷰들을 피하게 됐나요?

I kind of figured why you stopped talking to a degree and why you you held back from sort of having to explain yourself which is the situation. But in your own words, at what point and why did you decide to step away from this?

포스트 말론: 초반에는 한창 프로모션을 위해 여기저기 돌아다닐 때도 있었어요. 여기서 라디오 하나, 저기서 하나, 다른 데서 하나. 근데 그건 감정적으로 너무 힘들더라고요. 다들 같은 질문만 물어보시고 저도 항상 재밌게, 조금씩 다르게 답변하려고 노력하지만 그것도 한계가 있었어요. 그냥 평범한 아이일 때도 힘들었는데 갑자기 제 행동 하나하나 지켜보고 있는 세상으로 들어오니까 모든 게 달랐죠. 다 새로운 경험이었고, 많이 배워가면서 성장했고, 지금도 매일 최선을 다하려고 노력하고 있어요. 골든 룰은 내가 대접받고 싶은 만큼 다른 사람들을 대해야 하는 것 같아요. 제가 될 수 있는 최고의 모습으로 살아가면서 또 나중에 아이가 생긴다면 제 아이와 제 가족을 책임지는 것.

There was a time where we would go and do promo all the time at the beginning. We were just okay we touched down here's a radio show, here’s a radio show, here's a radio show, here’s a radio show, and all that is emotionally draining. People asking you the same things all the time and I would always try to you know liven things up and tell it differently but at some point you run out of shit. Being a kid is hard and then coming into this world where everybody can see every move that you make, it's different. It's a new experience and you know I’ve learned so much and I've grown so much and I'm just doing my best everyday. Golden Rule treat people the way they want to be treated and just drive and be the best person that I could be and make sure that whenever I have a baby, my baby's taken care of and all my friends and family are taken care of.

제인 로우마지막 앨범이 되게 많은  바꿔놨을  같아요지난 12개월 동안 가장  변화는 뭐였나요?

Your last album just extended that whole experience and I suppose what changed, and how was the last 12 monthswhat are the biggest changes in your life? 

[Beerbongs & Bentleys (2018)]:

포스트 말론: 솔직히 말하자면 잘 모르겠어요, 지난 몇 년이 저한테는 2주처럼 느껴져요. 정말 믿을 수 없는 변화지만 저는 절대 거대한 걸 만들려고 노력하지 않아요. 히트송을 만드는 것에 집착하지 않고, 그냥 제가 좋아하는 걸 만들죠. 특히 이제는 음악의 장르들도 서로 합쳐지면서 여러 요소들을 가져올 수 있게 됐잖아요. 당연히 모든 게 다 헷갈렸고, 이게 무슨 일인지 이해하는데 시간이 좀 걸렸던 것 같아요. 지금까지도 제가 어떤 사람인지 찾아가고 있는 중이고, 팬들을 실망시키지 않으면서도 조금 특이한, 펑키 한 음악을 하고 싶어요. 그런 면에서 새로 나올 곡들은 기대하셔도 좋을 것 같아요.

Honestly, the whole thing is such a blur because these last couple years have felt like two weeks. It's wild, but I'm not trying to make anything massive you know. I mean I'm not trying to make hit records, I’m just trying to make something that I love and I know that everything in music is shifting into a place where there's like you look at all the genre bending and everything now that's just like this element in this element and you know what I like this so let's put that in too, and it’s just music. I mean it was confusing, I was still trying to figure out what was going on. I was still trying to figure out who am I. I'm making things, working in a way that I don't want to alienate fans of my music but at the same time I want to do something weird and funky at the same time. And I think the new record is something super epic and I think it’s really cool.

제인 로우지금은 다음 앨범이 완성되고 10 정도가 지난 시점인데이제는 완전히 다른 사람 같아요예전 인터뷰들과 비교하면 훨씬  안정적이고요생활방식의 어떤 것들을 바꾸셨고 어느 시점에서 바꿔야 되겠다고 다짐하셨어요?

We should probably attempt to put a time stamp on this because the album is just being finished, I think maybe ten days ago. Well you look really well and I think looking back on even some of those interviews you're doing a couple of years ago you look like a different person. You didn't really look like you were being taken care of, and I wonder kind of how you changed your lifestyle and how you decided to change the way you lived your life. 

포스트 말론: 처음과 비교하면 훨씬 느긋해졌죠. 예전에는 항상 집 아니면 스튜디오였기 때문에 그저 그 일상에서 벗어나고 싶었고 다른 것들은 신경 못 쓴 것 같아요.

I mean I'm way more laid-back than I used to be at the beginning. I was always in a house or in a studio all the time so I wanted to go out and just go nuts and I didn't really didn't care.

제인 로우갑자기 많은 돈이 생기는 거에 대해서는 어떻게 적응하셨어요?

How have you adapted to having money because you know you came into it this quick and money's come fast. 

포스트 말론: 항상 투어가 끝나거나 앨범이 나오면 제 자신한테 선물을 해주는 걸 좋아해요. 스스로 잘했다고 칭찬해 주면서 ‘열심히 일했으니까 네가 갖고 싶은 거 사’라는 생각으로.

You know, every tour, every album I like to get a goodie. Say good job Austin, because ‘you worked really hard and you busted your ass, so here’s something that you want.’ 

제인 로우어떤 선물들이요시계 같은 건가요?

Like what? What’s a treat? A watch? 

포스트 말론: 네. 시계, 차, 이런 것들이죠. 근데 이제는 그 돈을 와인이나 대마초, 옷, 지식, 이런 것들에 투자하는 방식을 더 추구하는 것 같아요.

Yea, a watch, a car, whatever. But now I’m trying to take a second and look and I'm saying you know what let's put this money in a wine or a weed or clothes and knowledge so then that money just multiplies.

제인 로우가장 힘들   곡들인가요?

[When you wrote the songs] was that when you were kind of in the thick of it all?

포스트 말론: “Paranoid”는 제가 예전에 살던 집에 제가 아직 있는 줄 알고 사람들이 침입한 사건이 있었는데 그 이후에 느꼈던 것들을 토대로 썼던 것 같아요. 이 일을 하면서 너무 행복하고 제가 하고 싶은걸 할 수 있다는 건 축복받은 일이란 걸 알지만 그만큼 잃는 것들도 있는 것 같아요. 내일 당장 어떤 일이 생길지도 모르고 제일 안정적이라고 느끼는 순간에도 사건들이 터지죠.

I think I wrote “Paranoid” in direct response to my old house being broken into and there were new people living in there and they were just getting because they thought that I still lived there. It comes with a give and take because you know I'm so happy and I'm so blessed to be able to do what I do at the same time you know it’s very draining. You never know what's gonna happen next so it's so yeah as stable as it feels sometimes it's so random you never know.

[Paranoid]: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWz7zABB3nQ

제인 로우불안한 성향은 항상 갖고 있던 건가요저도 평생 불안증과 싸워왔는데어느 순간에 갑자기 나타는 증세가 있나요?

Are you predisposed to deal with anxiety? I mean I've suffered throughout my whole life you know to develop tools to deal with it, Is that something that you can recognize as it in you, is there a wiring in you that moves differently in situations? 

포스트 말론: 중학생 때부터 항상 슬펐고 불안 증세가 있었던 것 같아요. 저는 이겨낸 줄 알았는데 대마초를 피고 있던 어느 날 갑자기 심장이 뛰면서 죽을 것 같다는 느낌을 받은 적이 있어요. 항상 몸 둘 바 모르고 손떨림 증세가 있는데 그건 이제 담배를 너무 많이 펴서 그런 것 같아요. 불안한 성향은 매일 느끼는 건데 유타에서 쉬고, 대중으로부터 거리를 두고, 비디오게임만 하다 보니까 많이 좋아진 것 같아요.

I’d say since the beginning of middle school I always felt like I was always a little anxious and kind of sad all the time but I kind of came out of it. But then there was a time I remember and I was smoking weed one time and I just felt like I was dying and then ever since then I've always felt like my heart's going always fast. I’m really more super jittery and shaky all the time now and it's probably because I smoked too many damn cigarettes. I do feel disposition to anxiety in daily basis but you know being in Utah and being away from the grind and from everybody else and it's just me with my video games feels good to me.

제인 로우“Beerbongs & Bentleys” 이을 곡을 바로 발매하는  중요했었나요?

Was it really important to you that you followed up “Beer, Bongs and Bentley” as quickly as you have? 

포스트 말론: 제 팬들을 실망시키지 않으면서도 조금은 다른, 다음 단계로 갈 수 있는 곡을 만들고 싶었는데 그게 그 곡이었던 것 같아요. 히트곡들만 만들려고 하는 건 아니고 스토리가 있는 곡, 저에게 진심인 곡들이 좋은 것 같아요.

I wanted to be super organic and I want it to be the way that I want it to be and like I always say not to separate my fans from me or alienate my fans but at the same time still take that next step and make something that I think is Bentley. I'm not trying to make huge smashes I just want to make songs that you know tell stories and are genuine to me that I think is really awesome. 

제인 로우정말 좋은 얘기인  같아요당신이 계속해서 성장하고 있고 당신의 인생이라는 레이스 안에서  나은 선수가 되고 있다는 증거인  같아요이번 앨범에는 17개의 수록곡이 있는데, 17개를 선정하기 위해  곡을 만드셨어요?

I think that’s really amazing, I think that there are real examples of areas that you can you can continue to grow and evolve as a runner over the course of your lifeyou’ve shown that already, you keep it long. How many did you make to choose seventeen? 

[Hollywood's Bleeding (2019)]: 

포스트 말론: 50곡 정도?

Fifty? 

제인 로우퍼렐이랑 칸예가 존경스러운 이유  하나는    자신의 나이와 성숙함을 포옹하면서 각자만의 방식으로 그걸 사람들에게 공유하고 있는  같아요시기는 다를  있지만   분이 당신에게 했던 조언들 중에 기억 나는  있나요

One of the cool things about [Pharrel and Kanye] is that they've embraced their age and their maturity and in two very different ways but like they're not afraid to share their thoughts. Pharrel in his own way, Kanye in his own way. I wonder if there's anything that either of them have said to you in different times that has really stuck to you.

포스트 말론: 퍼렐은 “항상 인터뷰를 하기 전에 생각할 시간을 갖고, 무슨 얘기를 할 건지 다시 한번 생각해봐”라고 했었어요. 근데 저한테 그런 조언을 해줄 만큼 저를 아끼고 생각한다는 게 너무 감동스러웠어요. 저를 신경 안 썼다면 다른 사람들처럼 알아서 하라고 했겠죠. 근데 저한테 직접 와서 그런 말을 해줬으니 저는 세상을 다 가진 기분이었어요.  

I mean Pharrell, he was just like “man just take a second before doing these interviews, take a second and actually think about what you're saying.” It meant a lot to me that he would you know he cared enough to come in and say something if he didn't give a fuck he would not have said anything and would have just said “fuck you" like a lot of people. But you know I it means the world to me that people would come up and say “you know what, we care about you so just chill the fuck out and think about shit.” 

제인 로우아직도 연락하시나요

You still call him up? 

포스트 말론: 대화를 나눈지 좀 된 것 같아요.

I haven't talked to him in a long time. 

제인 로우그래도 “Fade” 참여하셨어요

But you got on “Fade” though.

[Fade]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-lHxMNsodg

포스트 말론: 저한테는 너무 큰 경험이었어요, 역사적인 일이었죠. “이쪽으로 와서 트랙에 넣어봐”라고 하셔서 좋은 피크닉 테이블에 앉아서 컴퓨터랑 마이크 들고 작업했어요. 그냥 그렇게 거기에 앉아서 만든 곡이에요.  

That was a big experience for me, that was legendary. He said come over and cut the track so we sat there we had like a nice foldable picnic table type deal with a laptop and a mic there and we were drinking fireball for some reason. We just sat there and made it.

제인 로우이번 앨범에는 17오지 오스본은 확정인가요스튜디오에서 같이 작업하셨어요?

Okay so 17 songs on the album. But Ozzy is confirmed? I mean did he come down to the studio? 

포스트 말론: 저는 투어가 막 끝났을 때라 유타에 있었고 페이스타임을 통해 대화를 나눴었죠. 너무 감격스러웠어요.

I was in Utah because I had just got off tour, we talked [through Facetime] and it was like a big deal. 

제인 로우오지랑 페이스타임 하면서 화면 캡처도 하셨어요?

Did you take screen grabs of Ozzy on FaceTime on your phone?

포스트 말론: 당연히 했죠. 

Of course I did. 

제인 로우옛날 오지의 스타일이 그대로  트랙에 옮겨진  같아요.

He sounds so—it’s classic Ozzy on that track. 

[Take What You Want]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl4Xwqfy5Uw

포스트 말론: 저는 이걸 비즈니스라고 생각하고 싶지 않아요. 비즈니스는 뒷전이고 음악은 결국 그거랑 아무 상관없는 것 같아요. 음악은 사람과 사람이 하는 일이죠. 순수하게 두 명의 아티스트가 같이 창조하면서 그런 관계로부터 시작되는 것 같아요.

I don't want to think of it as business. Business is on the back end. I think music at the end of the day has nothing to do with in business. Music has to do with people. It's important that it’s organic it's two artists fucking with each other. Business has nothing to do with it yeah it's just I think it just starts off with a relation.

제인 로우앨범에  누가 참여했나요

Who else is on the list?

포스트 말론: 다베이비. 너무 스위트하고 착한 사람이에요, 정말 재능이 많죠.  

DaBaby. He’s such a sweet and nice guy, so talented. 

[Enemies]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_y5Yc8jSA

제인 로우즉흥적으로 녹음하고 작업하는  좋아한다고 들었어요.

And likes to record and create in the moment, I hear.

포스트 말론: 너무 좋아요. 제가 투어를 하는 중이어서 “이 곡에 잘 어울릴 것 같아”라고 하면서 트랙을 하나 보냈었어요. 다베이비는 할 말도 많고 그걸 너무 잘해서 너무 좋아요. 어떻게 그렇게 잘 하는지 모르겠어요. 저는 스튜디오에 몇 시간을 앉아있어도 아이디어조차 안 떠오를 때도 많거든요. 

I love it. I was on a tour, so we sent him the track and we were like “hey um I know you could relate to this exactly.” I love he’s got so much to say and he does it so well. I don’t know how that works. I sit in the booth for an hour and do it scratch with all the melodies and sometimes very rarely the song idea will actually come out. And accidentally in the melody. 

제인 로우: 아버님도 같이 하시겠어요의자를 하나 가져올까요괜찮으시다면 참여해 주세요.

Should we get a chair, do you want to join usI’d love to if you're up for it.

포스트 말론: 같이 하게요? 아버지는 할 말 없을걸요. 

You’re bringing him on? He doesn’t have anything to say. 

제인 로우 얘기 많으실 거예요.

He has a lot to say.

포스트 말론 아버지:“White Iverson” 얘기해도 돼요? 이미 알고 계실지 모르겠지만 오스틴의 곡들은 되게 자주 유출이 돼요. 제가 제일 좋아하던 곡들도 유출이 되면 그게 화가 나서 발매를 안 하더라고요. 이번 오지가 참여한 곡도 들어봤는데 너무 좋았어요.

Can I talk about the Iverson? I don’t know if you know the history, but a lot of Austin’s songs get leaked.  And some of my favorite ones have been leaked and he gets mad and won't release them. I got a little taste of the Ozzy feature song. And I’m a big metal head from back in the day so my kid with Ozzy on a song was really exciting.

제인 로우녹화 시작하기 전에 드렸던 질문으로 돌아가서, “White Iverson” 나오고  모든  시작될  걱정이 드는 순간이 있으셨나요?

I’m gonna get back to the question that I was gonna ask when you're off camera which was were there ever moments when it was starting to happen? “White Iverson” leading into the recording but it felt certainly from what I saw in the public eye as you were trying everything. Did you ever get concerned? 

포스트 말론 아버지: 자식 걱정은 항상 하는 것 같아요. 집을 나가고 10개월 후쯤에 처음 집에 가봤는데 옷장 바닥에 누워서 자고 있더라고요, 음악을 만들겠다면서. 오스틴이 집을 나간 이후에 소식을 듣는 방법은 소셜 미디어밖에 없었어요. 그래서 열심히 찾아봤었죠. 그리고 “White Iverson”이 나오고 나서는 걱정 할 틈이 없을 만큼 너무 많은 일들이 있었어요, 그 이후에는 걱정보다는 그 많은 소식들을 다 따라가는 게 힘들었어요.

There’s always been be a period of time where you gonna worry about your kid. When he left the house it was probably ten months before we could go see him and he was literally sleeping on the floor in a walk-in closet trying to make music, doing whatever. Honestly when Austin left the house the only way to keep track of him was social media. That's why I was watching all that stuff. And when “White Iverson” come out, you couldn’t keep up. It turned into not being able to worry about it anymore but trying to keep up. 

[White Iverson]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLsTskih7_I

제인 로우 세계적으로 이렇게 빠른 속도로 모든  연결돼있는  모든 아티스트들에게 새로운 거잖아요그리고 어른이 됐다고 해도 부모로서 당연히 아들을 사랑하고 지키고 싶은 마음일 텐데 본능적으로 어떤 생각이 드셨어요?

I was gonna say how do you sort of retain your role as a parent at that moment when this is something new that's happening not just to you but to artists around the world at this level of speed at which things connected. And you obviously you love and want to protect your boy to a degree as much as you can even if he's grown up so you know what were your instincts telling you at that moment? 

포스트 말론 아버지: 트위터가 모든 거에 다가가기 쉽게 해주지만 웃기게도 소셜 미디어가 사람들을 반사회적이게 만드는 순간도 많은 것 같아요. 어떤 부모든 똑같겠지만 지나고 보면 그 순간에 아들을 위해서는 그게 최선이 아니었다는 걸 깨달은 일들도 많고 저도 많은 걸 배울 수 있는 경험이었어요. 아들이 저보다 더 잘 감당했고 어떻게 그런 품위와 카리스마를 갖고 이겨냈는지 모르겠어요, 저도 많이 배웠어요.

Twitter makes things much more accessible and it's funny how social media is so antisocial sometimes and I've learned some quick lessons through some things that I've done as a parent for my son that I think any parent would do that probably weren’t the best for my son at the time. But it's a learning experience for everybody and he handles it way better than I ever would. I don't know how he has the grace and charisma to take it because like I said I've learned a couple lessons along the way. 

제인 로우성공을 하고 성공에 의해서 오는 많은 것들에 대해 얘기해봤는데이제는 마약이 비극을 불러오는 일들도 많은  같아요부모로서 아들이  길로 빠지지 않게 하고 싶었을 텐데요.

We talked a little bit about watching success take hold and watching what can come from that. Now the way that drugs can take hold in the access to them that can lead to tragedy. I think for you there must have been a real desire also as a parent to ensure that he didn't fall into any of that.

포스트 말론 아버지: 요새 그런 비극들이 너무 과장되고 있는 것 같아요. 이제는 그런 정보와 뉴스를 너무 쉽게 찾아볼 수 있어서겠죠. 과거에도 비슷한 어린 스타들의 비극적인 사건들이 있었지만 지금처럼 많이 알려지진 않았어요. 오스틴도 아까 얘기한 것 같은데, 그런 압박들이 너무 버거워질 때도 있으니 부모로서 무엇을 하지 말라는 제한을 최대한 안 하려고 노력하는 것 같아요. 그 대신 어떤 일이든 제대로 하는 모습을 직접 보여주고 부모로서 아이들이 언제든지 돌아올 수 있는 곳을 만들어주는 게 중요한 것 같아요.

The tragedies that happen currently magnified themselves because of the availability of information but throughout history there's been the tragedies of success for young stars and they weren't necessarily exposed the way they were. I think Austin mentioned earlier in this interview that you know the pressures can get overwhelming and one of the things that we’ve all tried to do is at least as parental influences in his life is not tell him what to do but try to be an example of how to do whatever it is you do. There’s always a place to go back to as parents that's what we need to be for our children.

포스트 말론: 그리고 다른 사람이 어떤 일을 겪고 있는지 절대 알 수 없어요, 어느 순간 너무 멀리 왔다고 깨달아도 되돌릴 수 없는 일들도 많죠. 그래서 아무도 비판할 수 없어요. 꼭 누군가 옆에 있어야 해요, 그게 가족이든 친구든.

At the same time you don't know what someone is going through and you don't know how easy it is just to get caught up in something to the point where you can’t stop and it's not your fault. You don't need somebody to talk down to you, you need somebody to be there for you, the support that you need as a friend or a family member. 

제인 로우이제는 다른 사람이 당신에게 기댈  있을 만큼 성숙해지신  같나요?

Do you feel that you're getting to a point now in your maturity where you can be that for others if needed?  

포스트 말론: 친구들이 필요할 때 옆에 있어준 적 있죠, 근데 감정적으로 힘들고 지속적으로 불안한 그 모든 상황이 되게 어려운 것 같아요.

I’ve been there for friends, I’ve been there. It’s hard, it's emotionally draining and it's like the constant anxiety of the whole thing is tough. 

제인 로우걱정되는 친구들도 있었나요

You’ve seen peers who you've been worried about?

포스트 말론: 네, 근데 같이 앉아서 얘기도 많이 하고 제가 힘들 때도 연락해서 대화를 나눌 수 있는 사람들이 다 아직 곁에 있다는 게 너무 행복해요. 그리고 지금은 같이 있지 않은 사람들을 떠올리면 그분들은 기댈 사람이 없었거나, 없다고 생각했다는 게 너무 우울하죠. 다들 무슨 일을 겪고 있는지 저는 그 반도 모르지만 꼭 혼자가 아니라고 말해주고 싶어요. 혼자가 아니고, 곁에는 분명 당신이 어떤 사람이든 간에 당신을 끝까지 사랑해 줄 사람이 있을 거예요.

Yeah but we sat down and talked and I’m happy to say that the people I've been able to reach out to and talk to about the whole thing are here. And it's depressing to see that the people who are not with us didn’t have what he needed or felt like he didn't have what he needed. I don't even know the half of it of what anybody's going through but I just want to say that it’s okay to reach out to people because you're not by yourself, you're not alone, you have people around you who love you no matter who you are.

제인 로우: (포스트 말론이그런 상태일  어떻게 하세요?

What’s he like when he's in that situation how do you have to get him into a place where it makes sense?

포스트 말론 아버지: 일단 그 이유를 이해하는 게 중요한 것 같아요, 왜냐면 되게 감정적이고 열린 사람이니까. 근데 그게 무엇이든 편견 없이, 비난하거나 이래라저래라 하지 않으면서 옆에 있어주는 게 중요한 것 같아요. 시작할 때 당신이 누구였나가 중요한 게 아니라 다 끝났다고 생각하는 그 순간에 어떤 모습인지가 중요한 거예요. 왜냐면 그 과정 속에서는 누구든지 실수도 하고 넘어지기도 하고 실패하기도 하거든요.

I think you just need to recognize where he's coming from because he's a very open and emotional person. But you need to be there without judgment, without condemning or saying you're doing this or that. It doesn’t matter who you are when you start it matters who you’re going to be when you think you're done. And everybody makes mistakes along the way, everybody’s gonna trip, everyone's gonna fall.

제인 로우아버지가 해주신 조언 중에 뭐가 제일 기억에 남으시나요?

What’s the best bit of advice your dad ever gave you?

포스트 말론: 아마 “너는 절대 모든 사람을 행복하게 할 수 없어”인 것 같아요. 아직도 기억나요.

I don’t know, I'd say “you’re never gonna make everybody happy.” That's always stuck with me.

제인 로우그럼 아버지가 오스틴한테  제일 중요한 조언은 뭔가요

What do you think is the most important piece of advice that you gave Austin?

포스트 말론 아버지: 2013년도에 졸업을 하고 대학에 진학했는데, 4달이 지나고 학기가 끝날 12월쯤에 집에 와서 “대학은 내 길이 아닌 거 같아, LA 가서 살 거야”라고 했던 게 기억나요. 나중에 성적을 열어보니까 이해가 됐지만, 그때 저는 “괜찮아 아들, 네가 하고 싶은 일에 졸업장이 중요한 게 아니지만 뭐를 하든 네가 될 수 있는 최고의 모습이 돼야 한다"라고 했었어요.

I remember he graduated in 2013 and he started college and he went for about four months and came to us in December just before the semester was probably end and said “this school things not for me, and I'm gonna move to LA.” We got his grades later and I figured out why, but what I said was “that's fine son, it doesn't matter if you have an education or you have a passion for whatever you want to do, but whatever it is though make sure you're the best at it that you can be.” 

포스트 말론 아버지: 꼭 하고 싶었던 말이 있었는데, 2년 전쯤 당신 라디오 팟캐스트를 들었어요. 그때 한참 사람들이 오스틴을 짓밟으려고 뭐를 하는지, 어떤 사람인지, 무슨 말을 했는지 다 캐내고 있었는데 당신은 친절하게 공감해 주면서 정말 진실이 뭔지 궁금해하셨어요. 이 아이를 만나기 전 갖고 있던 편견과 머릿속으로 그리고 있던 그림 상관없이. 그래서 정말 한 아이의 아빠로서 고맙다고 얘기하고 싶었어요. 이 세상은 이제 쓸데없이 비판적이기는 쉬워도 객관적인 시선으로 무언가를 바라보기는 어렵거든요. 그래서 아빠로서, 그 일에 대해 고맙다고 하고 싶어요. 당신한텐 별거 아닐 수 있지만 저한테는 정말 의미 있는 일이었어요.  

I happen to recall a podcast that you did earlier because I listened. There was a time [two years ago] where people were out trying to step on Austin's neck about what he was doing, who he is, the things he said. And you had the kindness and the empathy to actually be interesting in an answer rather than painting a picture that you had already drawn before you met him. So I just wanted to thank you, dad-to-dad, about that, because in this world where it’s hard, in this world that it’s easy to be unnecessarily critical, but what it’s not easy to be is objective. So I wanted to thank you, dad-to-dad, for that moment. It might not mean anything to you, but it meant something to me. 

제인 로우감사합니다드디어 만나 봬서 너무 좋네요인터뷰 중에 이게 가장 기억에 남을  같아요너무 좋은 마무리네요.

Thank you, man. Great to finally meet you. This is the biggest part of my interview. Now that’s an ending. 

-- 

[Interview by]: Zane Lowe

[Source]: Apple Music

[Translation by]: HIPHOPPLAYA 이승연 (lsy@hiphopplaya.com)

NO
Comments
아직까지 남겨진 코멘트가 없습니다. 님의 글에 코멘트를 남겨주세요!
글쓰기
검색 대상
띄어쓰기 시 조건

SERVER HEALTH CHECK: OK